If you are having trouble viewing your trail cam photos on your iPhone, iPad or select Android device with the Trail Cam Buddy you can find the solution right here. Hopefully we will have you back out in the woods hunting or scouting as soon as possible.
What devices does the Trail Cam Buddy work with?
The Trail Cam Buddy is designed for use with the iPhone 5, 5S and 5C, 6,6+, 6S and 6S+, 7 and the 7+. It also works with the iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, and the iPad Pro. You can use it with any android device that is OTG capable. It will also work in any PC or Mac.
How do I use it?
If you are using it on an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad you simply need to insert the SD or Micro SD card in the Trail Cam Buddy, unlock the device and plug in the trail cam buddy. If you are using it for the first time it will take you to the app store and ask you to download iUSB Pro. Once you download the app you will need to remove the Trail Cam Buddy and then reinsert it. This will automatically start the program and pull up the folders on the card.
If you are using it on an OTG capable android device you just need to download the OTG file manager, insert the SD card in the device, plug the Trail Cam Buddy in the phone. Once that is done you will open the File Manager and open the SD card folder.
If you are using it on a Mac or PC you will just need to plug the Trail Cam Buddy in the computer's USB port.
If you follow the above instructions you should not run into any problems. If for some reason you have some problems please try the following things.
1. Before inserting the Trail Cam Buddy in the phone make sure the SD or Micro SD card is inserted. The next step is to unlock the iPhone. Once that is done please place the Trail Cam Buddy in the phone. A message will pop up asking you to allow it to communicate with the phone. Press Allow. You should then be able to view the files.
2. If you are viewing multiple SD Cards in one sitting I find it useful to press the home button and get out of the app before putting in the next card. I then remove the Trail Cam Buddy and follow the steps above.
3. Some very old cards that are 1-4gb may not be formatted correctly to work with the device. I have gotten some to work by formatting them to FAT32 or exFAT. Please Click Here for Instructions on how to re-format your SD Cards
4. If you have any additional questions or can't get it to work after trying these things please call me or email me at email@example.com . I will do everything possible to get your device working or we will refund you your money.
5. If you've been using the Trail Cam Buddy for a while and you run in to problems double check the app store and see if you need to download the latest version of the app.